When it comes to the HVAC systems, the furnace plays a critical role than ever before. The furnace keeps the entire house warm even in the extreme temperatures, and hence the selection of a right furnace system plays a crucial role. On the other hand, the “commercial HVAC repair near me” companies make sure that there is enough room for growth.
Here are a few things to keep in mind about the commercial HVAC systems.
So what exactly is a furnace?
A furnace is a piece of equipment that works in tandem with other components of the HVAC system to warm up the rooms. The system burns fuel, and the heat is transferred to different corners of the room with the help of ducts to warm up the entire room. Some of the significant fuels that are used as fuel are as follows:
- Fuel Oil
- Natural Gas
These fuels burn fast and hence warms up the entire atmosphere within no time. On the other hand, these elements have their own set of pros and cons that is often overlooked by the users.
Types of Furnace
The furnace comes into play in three major categories, namely, gas furnace, electric furnace, and oil furnace.
However, the gas furnace can be further divided into three major types. They are as follows.
- Single Stage Gas Furnaces: A standard single-stage gas furnace contains a valve that opens and closes. However, there is no control over the flow of gas and hence flows only at one rate: high.
- Two-Stage Gas Furnace: Unlike the single-stage gas furnace, a two-stage gas furnace has a more exceptional grip on the flow of the fuel. On the other hand, it is attached to the thermostat that enables better control over temperature.
- Modulating Gas Furnaces: The modulating gas furnaces play an ideal role for most furnaces. The equipment is well suited for the regions facing excessive cold and even regulates the room temperature efficiently.
On the other hand, electric and oil furnaces do play a pivotal role as well. Some of the significant factors about them are as follows.
- Electric Furnaces: Despite costing a fortune, the electric furnaces are a huge hit all across the globe. The device heats the air through its warm electric coils, which is then transferred all across the house.
- Oil Furnaces: Oil furnaces have come along a long way. The oil furnace works mostly in places that lack alternatives. To add on top of it, it works great even with the least efforts and hence is a massive hit across the globe.
4 Factors to Consider While Buying a Furnace
Choosing the right furnace for your home or office can be tough. The commercial HVAC repair near me deal with these tough decisions every other day and hence have highlighted the following crucial points.
Mild Climates: Depending upon the environment, the type of HVAC system plays a crucial role. While one may best suit the climate, others may not function at all. To meet the standards, the experts recommend relying on the Energy Star stamp.
In addition to that, the gas heaters must have an annual fuel utilization efficiency of at least 80. These custom made solutions are much more efficient than the standard furnaces and hence are a great hi in the mild climates.
One can also install heat pumps as they reduce the energy bills and work seamlessly in mild climates. Also, the temperature in these regions never drops below 40 degrees and hence is an ideal fit for the people in the region.
Cold and Freezing Climates: The severe winters demand solutions that fit well even in the harshest weather. In such a region, almost every other furnace works while the Star Label and an AFUE rating of 90 or above ensure a great furnace.
- Fuel Source
When it comes to the best fuel sources, the gas furnaces steal the show. Gas is readily available and costs a fraction of the fortune. On the other hand, if the gas is not an option for some reason, the next best thing to go to the show is the oil furnaces. However, the oil furnaces are quite messier than previously thought of.
Finally, the last option is the electric furnaces. These furnaces cost the least and work well with every climate. However, the furnace fails to heat the entire room while the electricity bills rise high on account of massive electricity consumption.
- Energy Efficiency
As per the latest federal commission, the companies need to put up the AFUE ratings so that the consumers can compare them with efficiency. A 90% score refers that the device would retain 90% of the heat while the rest 10% is lost in the air.
However, most electric furnaces show efficiency of 95%-100% of efficiency. This, thus, makes them the most sought after device. However, the electric furnaces consume a lot of energy and hence are uneconomical.
The key to the properly engaged furnace is the size of the furnace. The smaller ones fail to provide adequate heat, while the bigger ones offer an excess of heat. In such a situation, use a furnace that suits well with the size of your house along with the heating needs.
The commercial HVAC repair near me can help you out in a dilemma and hence should be reached out in case of help.
Troubleshooting Tips for Homeowners
Troubleshooting can be simple for most homeowners who love to do the stuff themselves. Some of the essential characteristics of the furnace in such an environment are as follows.
- Make sure the Thermostat is Set Right: One of the most common points that homeowners look forward to is the thermostat. Make sure that the temperature is set right and is directed in the right direction. On the other hand, if you still face problems, check if the device is calibrated correctly. If the problem continues to pursue, call the professionals.
- Changing the Thermostat Batteries: Most often, the individuals forget that their thermostat works on the battery. While this may not be a significant issue, dead thermostat batteries cut off the connection between the thermostat and the HVAC system and hence should be kept in mind. Occasionally, the battery should be changed to get the best results.
- Replacing the Furnace Filter: A dirty filter can affect your system and your health in unconventional ways. They decrease the productivity of the system and lay stress on the entire machine.
However, a simple act like washing the furnace inside out can improve the performance of the furnace exponentially.
When it comes to furnaces, there are a ton of factors that come into play. Simple tricks like examining the fuel source and checking out the circuit breakers can improve the condition of the system astronomically. The best commercial HVAC repair near me services takes the entire process a step further and allows better care of the furnace systems.
Are you struggling to find a better furnace for your home? Or do you find it challenging to repair your existing systems? Let the experts help you out! With over years of experience, Enertia HVAC/R has made a name for its itself in the region. Get in touch now for better solutions and a free consultancy.