In the last blog, we learned about the commonly asked questions about your HVAC system with properly explained answers for the same. Now, we are going to discuss more about the service and maintenance of the HVAC system at your home or commercial space. Once you are done with the installation process for your HVAC system, you need to ensure that the unit is being maintained and serviced on a regular basis. In case you fail to regulate your maintenance cycles, you might have to opt for a full-scale professional HVAC service in Dallas, TX.
However, you might not know what goes into the maintenance system with 1000s of questions running through your mind. One thing you can do is ask your service provider for HVAC service, Dallas, TX, to provide an answer to these questions. However, it is critical that you know the answer to most of these with our help. So, without any delay, let us get into it!
Frequently Asked Questions about HVAC Service & Maintenance
1-Do I need to cover my outdoor unit during winters?
Answer: Covering your outdoor HVAC unit might not be necessary. However, it is fine if you want to keep is away from dirt or debris.
Pros of Covering the Outdoor Unit:
- Using a cover helps protect the coils of the air conditioner and helps them stay cleaner a bit longer which in time increases the efficiency
- You also protect the outdoor units from being affected by heavy debris, sticks, or branches
- You can also prevent water from resting on the coils that could eventually cause freezing
Cons of Covering the Outdoor Unit:
- Chances are the water already inside the unit might not drain properly leading to issues such as mold development
- Moisture trapped in effects the wirings or circuit boards inside the outdoor unit
- The rain actually aids in clearing out the debris from the outdoor unit
- Small animals might hide under the cover leaving feces or similar excrement
2-What is the Duct Vent in an air conditioner, and how can I clean it?
Answer: An air conditioner duct vent is a series of ducts that are used to pass the cool air from the system to the rooms. The vents in the AC ducts can be easily cleaned with use of a damp rag or low-power vacuum. Getting the ducts cleaned on a regular basis eliminates and build-up of debris or dust. While cleaning the vents might seem like an easy-to-do chore, it surely requires professional experience to keep your system intact with no damage to your HVAC system.
If you want your system to function at its optimum, you need to hire professionals for HVAC service, Dallas, TX.
3-How can I clean my furnace combustion unit?
Answer: In order to aid your furnace for proper combustion and heating with efficiency, you need to clean the furnace on a regular basis.
- Before you start the cleaning process, make sure you turn off the power switch or unplug the system from the main unit itself
- Remove the door of the combustion chamber and gently pull it towards the side
- If the cover of the burner is screwed in, your mind need a screwdriver to get the job done
- Now, use a damp cloth and clean the furnace thoroughly
- After you are done with the cleaning process, screw back the doors together
- Now watch the flame’s color coming from the burner
- The flame needs to be blue; a yellow flame is indicative of dirty burner
- If the flame is blue, your job is done. However, the presence of yellow flame even post-cleaning requires professional cleaning
If things get complicated for you, it is advised that you hire professional help for HVAC service, Dallas, TX.
4-Why do I need to perform preventive HVAC maintenance?
Answer: your HVAC system works very hard to help provide you a comfortable temperature throughout the year. Just like any machine wears down with time, so does your HVAC system. However, when you perform preventive maintenance for your system or opt for regular servicing, you can surely maximize the system’s complete life-cycle while guarding it against any unexpected failure.
With preventive maintenance for your system from HVAC service, Dallas, TX you can easily uncover rust, leaks, soot, rot, corroded electrical wires, or frayed wires before they start deteriorating the system.
5-How often do I need to replace the air filters in my HVAC system?
The air filters in your HVAC system needs to be replaced after every one or 3 months, depending on how your space is being used. With a commercial space, the debris and soot production is much higher. This requires a monthly change of the filter. On the other hand, the HVAC system placed in a residential space experiences much less dirt or soot production which means you can opt for a change after every 3 to 4 months.
Your HVAC system is a major investment that can go haywire when you opt-out of maintenance cycles. Remember, a small expense today for maintenance can help you save a lot in the future by evading the need for repairs. So, we hope we have managed to answer most of your queries. Make sure you read our next blog about commercial kitchen equipment installation facts.
Need a quick and professional team for your regular HVAC maintenance needs? Enertia HVAC/R will help you keep your system working at its optimum with high-quality service at feasible price tags. Our team is experienced and certified for professional maintenance, installation, repair, and replacement services. To get a free estimate, send us a quick text at (469) 351-9657. You can also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.